[OpenIndiana-discuss] dualboot

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 00:57:12 UTC 2012

FWIW I have a rack I built that holds 24 disk caddies.  It's getting obsolete as they are all IDE drives, but it's really nice to be able to grab an old disk, stick it in the machine, load something and play around knowing w/ absolute certainty that I can't do any damage.

Part of my original motivation was being able to replicate a client environment and have it available at the drop of a hat.  As it worked out, I never really did that, but I have used it a lot for testing software on different OS distributions.

A more modern (and cheaper) version would be an USB<->SATA/IDE interface and bare drives.