[OpenIndiana-discuss] Onboard Atheros AR9287 WLAN PCIe Adapter with OI 151a5

Calin Somoza calin at calin.de
Fri Dec 28 16:20:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

did someone get this onboard WLAN card working under OI?

# scanpci
   <snip>
   pci bus 0x0007 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x168c device 0x002e
   Atheros Communications Inc. AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express)

This card came with my Acer Aspire timelineU Core i3 Notebook.

i played around with /etc/driver_aliases to add this card
to others that make use of a similar chip but didn't succeed.

I'd appreciate any hint or good advice- i'm desperate :(

Cheers,
Calin Somoza