[OpenIndiana-discuss] using LSI 2308-IT onboard supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, openindiana not loading drivers?

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Fri Dec 28 23:53:43 UTC 2012

On 28 December 2012 03:12, Ong Yu-Phing <ong.yu.phing at group.ong-ong.com> wrote:
> I have a supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD motherboard, which comes preconfigured
> with an LSI 2308 onboard in IT mode.  The disks attached to the onboard LSI
> 2308 controller can be seen in linux from both dmesg and fdisk output, but
> not in OI 148 or 151.
> compatible:          pciex1000,86.15d9.69l.5
> vendor-id:           1000
> device-id:           86
>
> Anybody else using this board or equivalent, that can help shed some light?

I have a machine with this board here, running SmartOS.  It's possible
that OI does not contain a mapping between the hardware you have and
the "mpt_sas" driver.  You can check thus:

[root at ra ~]# grep pciex1000,86 /etc/driver_aliases
mpt_sas "pciex1000,86"

--
Joshua M. Clulow
UNIX Admin/Developer