[OpenIndiana-discuss] Kernel panic with Intel i7-2670QM CPU (HP EliteBook 8560w)

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:15:22 UTC 2012

I've experienced the "interrupt storm" (at that's what I think it is - ever increasing kernel cpu usage and slowing down machine) on a new sandy bridge Xeon E3.

As far as I'm aware there is a fix for this in the prestable package repo. I just updated my publisher to that on my Xeon machine about 2 days ago, and it's looking good so far.

Might be worth giving that a try.

-Matt