[OpenIndiana-discuss] Newbie question about SCSI 320

Bryan N Iotti ironsides.medvet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 15:53:33 UTC 2012

Hi there,

this is the first SCSI system where I can actually mess around a bit
(the first was a Mac IIci with a couple external HDs and a SCSI CDROM).

Now, I have 2x 146Gb SCSI drives ("iostat -E" reports SEAGATE
ST3146707LW revision HPS2), running my mirrored rpool. It seems like
there is a noticeable amount of system lag and "iostat -xzn" will always
report asvc_t > 20.

Would connecting both disks to the same cable or use one cable per disk
make any real performance difference?

I tried both and ran bonnie++... here are my results, but I'd like some
comments on the matter

This is with both on one cable

This is with each on its own

Thank you for any advice,