[OpenIndiana-discuss] pfexecd memory use

Guo-Rong Koh guorong.koh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 03:13:39 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently running oi_151a1 (the prestable repository) and seeing
pfexecd eating memory.
I did see this in oi_151a and upgraded to see if the issue was fixed.

prstat tells me pfexecd's RSS is currently 554M, I've seen it up in the
2G+ range before it ate into swap and crashed the machine :(

Is this a known problem? Google hasn't been helpful in finding anything.

At the moment, I'm just killing the process every few days before it
grows too large.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Guo-Rong