[OpenIndiana-discuss] News packages wanted for OpenIndiana

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Feb 12 13:08:15 UTC 2012

Hi Dave,

Dave Koelmeyer píše v ne 12. 02. 2012 v 23:04 +1300:
> On 02/12/12 10:46 AM, Milan Jurik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > cpforum píše v so 11. 02. 2012 v 21:21 +0100:
> >> Under Solaris 11 two DHCP servers are available into the main
repository :

> >> ** Sun DHCP server
> >> ** ISC DHCP
> >>
> >> OpenIndiana is limited to the old Sun DHCP.
> >> ISC DHCP is very easy to compile and should be added to the
Openindiana repository.

> Might have my wires crossed here, but wasn't a contributor talking
about
> this quite some time back?

http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2011-September/005349.html

ISC DHCP should go to oi-build I believe and not to extra repo. Even
Oracle consider it as core part of system and integrated it to Userland
gate, in spec-files-extra it would be duplicate with no benefit. I think
Gary Mills accepted this also and withdraw his request for SFE.

Best regards,

Milan