[OpenIndiana-discuss] News packages wanted for OpenIndiana

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 12 14:28:53 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 02:08:15PM +0100, Milan Jurik wrote:
> Dave Koelmeyer píše v ne 12. 02. 2012 v 23:04 +1300:
> repository :

> Openindiana repository.
> > >>
> > Might have my wires crossed here, but wasn't a contributor talking
> about
> > this quite some time back?
> >
> http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2011-September/005349.html
>
> ISC DHCP should go to oi-build I believe and not to extra repo. Even
> Oracle consider it as core part of system and integrated it to Userland
> gate, in spec-files-extra it would be duplicate with no benefit. I think
> Gary Mills accepted this also and withdraw his request for SFE.

Yes, this is what I said in November on
pkgbuild-sfe-devel at lists.sourceforge.net:

    This spec file is no longer required.  The recent Oracle Solaris 11
    release includes a DHCP server based on ISC version 4.1.  Other than
    being based on this older version, it has all the features of mine.
    It's also available in Openindiana's upstream components and will be
    included in a future version of Openindiana.