[OpenIndiana-discuss] source repository down?

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Wed Feb 15 07:45:47 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-14 19:00, Jeppe Toustrup wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 18:26, Robin Axelsson
> <gu99roax at student.chalmers.se>  wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to log in and clone the Mercurial repository with hg?
>> I have tried to follow the intructions at
>> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Source+Repositories
>> but I don't have the path "/data/export/wombat" on my system nor am I
>> capable of creating such a path as per the instructions on the wiki page so
>> I just issue the command:
>>
>> # hg clone -U ssh://anon@hg.opensolaris.org/hg/wombat/source
>> /mystoragepool/wombat
>>
>> but then it asks for a password that seems to be unknown. I also don't have
>> the user "hg" but I don't see why it should be necessary to have one. I have
>> cloned git trees and I have a slight memory of doing something mercurial on
>> Linux but I cannot recall that I had any issues with it.
> That guide you have found is a bit of in regards what you likely want.
> If you just want to check out a source repository from
> http://hg.openindiana.org/, then you just need to run a command like
> this:
> hg clone http://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/
>
> That example is for the oi-build repository, which will then be put
> into a folder named "oi-build" under your current working directory.
> Switch the URL to the repository in order to check out another
> repository.
>
> --
> Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
> Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)

Thanks, that worked a lot better!

I just want to try and compile different drivers (xf86-video-ati) and
see how changes in the source affects the system. But it seems that not
all source is in there (in this case xnv), all I see are ".patch" files
and no ".c" or ".h" files.

Perhaps these sources only contain adaptations or extensions of existing
Linux source files so that they compile properly under OpenIndiana. If
that's the case I may need the Linux sources files to make them compile
(the Makefile scripts are not executable, strange...).