[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi_151a update?

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Wed Feb 15 15:11:25 UTC 2012

On 2/15/12 10:03 AM, Daniel Kjar wrote:
> successfully updated as well.  Fonts do seem much sharper.  Very
> nice.  Still have this funkiness where if I reboot (even without an
> update) the system kernel panics right before or as X is loading,
> system restarts and then boots up fine.  I suspect hardware issues
> though.  Strangely enough ssh handshake with my other servers seems
> much faster now so something seems to be working better in the guts as
> well.  This is a very crusty install (originally opensolaris and
> updated repeatedly a very early version of that as well) so I am never
> surprised at wackiness.
>

> Thanks for every ones hard work on this.  Excellent job.  My main
> server will be moving to OI from Solaris this summer.

My ssh handshake was also much faster initially, but it didn't keep.
It's a strange situation where sometimes I get the login prompt
immediately, and sometimes it takes several seconds.  It's acting like
sometimes it gets held on network timeout and sometimes there is none.
I thought it might have been due to DNS lookups but I shut the ssh name
resolution checks down in the configuration without a difference.  It's
frustrating since every time I think I've resolved it it's only behaving
nice for a short while.

Gary