[OpenIndiana-discuss] Public registration on the wiki

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Feb 16 08:00:24 UTC 2012

Hello.
I'd like to know are there any guidelines for filling OI Handbook? There
could be a lot of overlapped chapters with Oracle Solaris documemtation,
FreeBSD Handbook and different Linux documentation. Can we borrow part
of information from these sources? Are there any license restrictions to
be aware of?  Could the adoption of specific documentation license allow
us to borrow information from one of these sources?

I understand that one can use Solaris 11 docs for OI, but
a) there are differences,
b) the number of these differences will grow with time,
c) it seems to be politically incorrect always to send users to Oracle
Solaris documentation.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,