[OpenIndiana-discuss] Please stop retrofitting packages to require live images

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:52:23 UTC 2012

> It looks like the issue is being triggered by the upload of the
> 0.151.2 build. Our custom package provider is seeing the 0.151.2 "Not
> Installed" return from "pkg info -r gcc at 3.4.3" and is attempting to
> run pkg install on gcc at 3.4.3 again. Will debug here and see if there's
> a cleaner way to grab on to the "installed" state of the 0.151.1
> package in the same return listing.

Looks like the issue is that with the 0.151.1.2 being pushed to
package repos, "pkg info -r gcc-3" is returning only:

yome:           Name: developer/gcc-3
yome:        Summary: gcc - The GNU C compiler
yome:    Description: GNU C - The GNU C compiler 3.4.3
yome:       Category: Development/C
yome:          State: Not installed
yome:      Publisher: openindiana.org
yome:        Version: 3.4.3
yome:  Build Release: 5.11
yome:         Branch: 0.151.1.2
yome: Packaging Date: February  9, 2012 08:01:15 PM
yome:           Size: 84.34 MB
yome:           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/developer/gcc-3@3.4.3,5.11-0.151.1.2:20120209T200115Z

Is there a way to specify which branch to use with pkg info?

-J