[OpenIndiana-discuss] Any HP Servers recommendation for Openindiana (Capacity Server) ?

Jeppe Toustrup openindiana at tenzer.dk
Thu Jan 5 11:54:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 12:34, Svavar Örn Eysteinsson <svavar at fiton.is> wrote:
> I find those HP D2600 enclosures quite fascinating.
>
> So, I would clearly need a good SAS controller for the host machine.
>
> Can anyone point me at some controller that would pair well.
> Say if I would stack 2x D2600 together ?

The SAS controller you choose should depend on the servers you are
placing them in, and what PCI-Express slots they have (speed wise)
available, if the card needs to be half/full height and how many SAS
connectors you need. Without those informations it is hard to
recommend you anything.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards
Jeppe Toustrup (aka. Tenzer)