[OpenIndiana-discuss] Any HP Servers recommendation for Openindiana (Capacity Server) ?

Gary Driggs gdriggs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:54:23 UTC 2012

On Jan 5, 2012, "Svavar Örn Eysteinsson" wrote:

> Can anyone point me at some controller that would pair well.

Any of the 6Gb SAS HBAs from LSI that have external ports. However,
you might avoid their 3ware line as the last time I tried one with HP
hardware it couldn't load the card's firmware even after disabling
every thing else from the BIOS. That may have improved since then but
I get the impression their 3ware line has lower priority for eng/dev
time which is sad since 3ware gear prior to LSI acquisition was top
notch. Again, YMMV.

-Gary