[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi-build

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Jan 11 16:59:56 UTC 2012

Hi, I was following the wiki instruction to do an oi-build (http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+oi-build).
After running the first pkg commands, arrived at the "pkg install -v
package
/pkg", the system requested
me to boot the new BE. Infact the next command did not work.
I rebooted, and the system was no more reachable via ssh, had to work on the console.
Now, I could run the next command "pkg image-update -v" and it worked for some time.
At the end, the system is still unusable, even rebooting, I always get a message on boot saying
that the svc:system/filesystem/local was in maintenance mode, no autohome was available (infact my
power user could enter the console but placed at "/"), and no usual PATH was set (no more /sbin /usr/sbin).
Trying to online the ssh service did nothing, network/ssh always offline.
What state is the system? What is wrong?
Thanx
Gabriele.