[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana compatibility with AMD Llano

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:15:50 UTC 2012

I found the feature set offered by the AMD A75 chipset (6x SATA3,
USB3.0, 64GB of RAM) combined with an AMD A4/A6 APU to be appealing as
the basis for a home-NAS.

I don't see motherboards with this chipset listed in the Solaris HCL
(or am not looking hard enough). Has anyone tried it?

I'm looking specifically at the Asus F1A75-V PRO:
-> AMD A75 FCH (Hudson D3) chipset (SATA3 and USB3 - compatible?)
-> ASMedia PCIe SATA controller (compatible, I think)
-> Realtek 8111E Gigabit LAN Controller (compatible :-) )

Jan