[OpenIndiana-discuss] User management tools for OI_151a?

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Sun Jan 15 21:43:59 UTC 2012

Re the users & groups tool under the system -> admin -> users&groups:
that complains about a backend script not running... ????
A lot of the stuff under system->admin fails to work: hmm. Suppose I
should reinstall them.

I tried running the openindiana webmin, 1.510?? That works reasonably.

webmin 1.570 will work IF you install it from the webmin pkg file, but
you have to fiddle around a bit to make it a service.
There's an init.d script, and that will start it. You have to do a
rolemod -K type=normal root, and that's not... or maybe it is...

usermin is OK, partic the limited version for webmail-mostly, if you add
the change-password module. That fits the bill for user self-admin for
our mail server machine.