[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI friendly external drive

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:02:55 UTC 2012

I know it's Solaris 10, not OI, but we recently took all our arrays of
USB external disks and inserted then as SATA disks inside DELL servers
because we were getting fed up of USB errors ... my boss is able to
sleep again now.

we no longer trust USB as a permanent solution (although it works well
enough for temporary transport of data/snapshots)

Jon