[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI friendly external drive

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 18:56:26 UTC 2012

FWIW  I've been using a 320 GB Maxtor USB disk to sneaker net data from OI to Solaris 10 for 5-6 months w/o any problems.  It works fine connected  for long periods to either system.  If the drive goes to sleep it takes a moment to get a response, but no actual problems.

I did run into problems on 10 w/ a 1.5 TB Seagate USB drive which the system simply refused to recognize even existed.  I wound up using it to archive a Windows system, so I've never tried it w/ OI.

Reg