[OpenIndiana-discuss] EveryCity OpenWebStack for php 5.3

Jim Klimov jim at cos.ru
Sun Jul 1 22:40:04 UTC 2012

2012-07-01 21:44, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> On 27/06/2012 13:12, Matt Connolly wrote:
>> I just came across the EveryCity OpenWebStack repository for SmartOS /
>> Solaris 10.
>>
>> http://smartos.pkg.ec/en/index.shtml
>>
>> Has anyone tried this for OpenIndiana?
>>
>> In particular I have need for php 5.3 and compiling from source looks
>> quite difficult.
>
> Unfortunately it won't work on OI as OpenWebstack is a completely
> self-contained software tree for use on SmartOS or Solaris 10 (u8 and
> newer).
>
> OI does need to get php 5.3 at some point but it is quite a bit of work.

Couple of lame questions, if I may ;)

Is there something to do - worse than compiling the PHP distro?
Does that not build in OI, or is it just a tip of the iceberg?

Alternately, if there are built Solaris-compatible binaries and
libraries in the WebStack distro, why won't they "just work" in OI?

//Jim