[OpenIndiana-discuss] EveryCity OpenWebStack for php 5.3

Matt Connolly matt.connolly.au at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 02:01:59 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012, at 3:44 AM, Alasdair Lumsden wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> On 27/06/2012 13:12, Matt Connolly wrote:
>> I just came across the EveryCity OpenWebStack repository for SmartOS / Solaris 10.
>>
>> http://smartos.pkg.ec/en/index.shtml
>>
>> Has anyone tried this for OpenIndiana?
>>
>> In particular I have need for php 5.3 and compiling from source looks quite difficult.
>
> Unfortunately it won't work on OI as OpenWebstack is a completely self-contained software tree for use on SmartOS or Solaris 10 (u8 and newer).

Interesting. I tried it and i have mysql 5.5, apache 2.2 and php 5.3 working from the /ec/ directory, running in a zone with SMF services controlling them. It just worked....

How different is OpenIndiana to Smart OS? I thought with a common Illumos core they'd be fairly similar and compatible...

-Matt