[OpenIndiana-discuss] Good Solaris-friendly system vendor

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 21:18:42 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 10:18 PM, Rich wrote:
> You can.
>
> The twofold caveat is that the built-in HBA is on a tiny proprietary
> form factor PCIe riser, so you need to take up another PCIe slot
> instead of that for it, and apparently [I haven't personally tested
> this] Dell whitelists what cards can be in that riser?

The riser can only be populated by a proprietary-form-factor Dell
mezzanine card, so no chance of putting anything else inside. What
really bugs me is that the firmware on the motherboard will literally
halt your machine on boot (I've seen this myself) if you erase the
firmware in the mezzanine-HBA and reboot (a necessary step to start

(Attached: photos of the mezzanine card and slot.)

Cheers,
--
Saso