[OpenIndiana-discuss] Good Solaris-friendly system vendor

Anil Jangity anilj at me.com
Tue Jul 3 05:10:27 UTC 2012

I've been looking at them as well.
I am looking specifically at their R309.v3 with the LSI 9211 HBA with SSD.

Of course, this will all be with ZFS, so what's the recommended configuration with that? Since I am opting out of a battery backed HBA, will a decent pair of SSD for slog be good alternative? (Maybe the Intel 320 or the 710 series from the same vendor).

For that matter, I might even want to do 2 x SSD and 2 x SATA drives.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Anil