[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI and chassis/jbod support?

Rich rercola at acm.jhu.edu
Tue Jul 3 06:50:10 UTC 2012

Drive locator LEDs on this particular model are driven via either
SGPIO over the iPASS connectors or via dedicated ports on the
backplane running to {motherboard, daughter card} - the former is the
case here.

The chassis locator, on the other hand, is almost certainly configured
as you describe.

[Having poked around a bit, I found that I can force LED blinking per
SAS port (note that I didn't say SAS lane - all drives wired to said
port blink or fail to blink at once, and no permutation of SGPIO
register state that I found changes this).]

- Rich