[OpenIndiana-discuss] Broken pkg in ipkg zones since update to oi_151a5

Open Indiana openindiana at out-side.nl
Thu Jul 5 11:42:24 UTC 2012

Something strange has happened on the server.
As I told in a previous message I installed a zone 3 days ago without
problems.
I renamed this server in my puttylog to "3dayszone", the serverzone is
installed today is "testzone"

If you look closely, you can see both are having the old pkg version. But on
the 3dayszone is can install every package without problem!

root at power-usage:~# zonename
global
root at power-usage:~# pkg version
5d2771134f21+
root at power-usage:~# zlogin -C testzone
[Connected to zone 'testzone' console]

root at testzone:~# uname -v
oi_151a4
root at testzone:~# uname -a
SunOS testzone 5.11 oi_151a4 i86pc i386 i86pc
root at testzone:~# pkg version
4d886e93dafc
root at testzone:~# ~.
[Connection to zone 'testzone' console closed]
root at power-usage:~# zlogin -C 3dayszone
[Connected to zone '3dayszone' console]

root at 3dayszone:~/downloads# uname -v
oi_151a4
root at 3dayszone:~/downloads# uname -a
SunOS 3dayszone 5.11 oi_151a4 i86pc i386 i86pc
root at 3dayszone:~/downloads# pkg version
4d886e93dafc
root at 3dayszone:~/downloads# pkg search amp
INDEX       ACTION VALUE
PACKAGE
description set    Cluster containing an AMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP) deployment
kit pkg:/web/amp at 0.5.11-0.151.1.2
pkg.summary set    Cluster containing an AMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP) deployment
kit pkg:/web/amp at 0.5.11-0.151.1.2
incorporate depend amp at 0.5.11-0.133
pkg:/consolidation/sfw/sfw-incorporation at 0.5.11-0.151.1.2
basename    dir    usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/elisa/plugins/amp
pkg:/desktop/media-player/moovida/moovida-plugins at 0.5.11-0.151.1.2
pkg.fmri    set    openindiana.org/amp
pkg:/amp at 0.5.11-0.133
pkg.fmri    set    openindiana.org/web/amp
pkg:/web/amp at 0.5.11-0.151.1.2
root at 3dayszone:~/downloads#

I tried installing pkg5 on both zones. (just took a random package for test)

On 3dayszone it installed without problems. It failed at the testzone.

My guess is that there is mismatch in 'lib/libc.so.1' and not in the pkg
version.