[OpenIndiana-discuss] Seagate ST3000DM001

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 00:21:57 UTC 2012

Thanks.  I'd seen a bunch of discussion that I did not read closely just prior to the Hitachi reporting block reallocations that suggested there can be issues.  I'd assumed that it was related to having a pool w/ mixed devices.

Mostly I'm badly overloaded w/ other issues and do not need more things eating my time.  If I'm going to replace the drive, I need it to be a 10-15 minute task.

Newegg sent me a 10% coupon that will result in a 3 TB drive at my door for $135.  They track what you look at and if you don't buy right away will offer enticements a few days later.  I

Have Fun!
Reg