[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with Raid 1 on LSI 9411-4i

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jul 13 23:06:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, russell wrote:

> Since upgrading to OpenIndiana 151.1.5 I have experienced a problem with my
> Raid 1 boot disk which was working perfectly.

Any more news on this?

My own first boot drive (SATA in my case) in a mirror pair was claimed
to have failed about 1-1/2 days after upgrading to oi_151a5 (after
running 1-1/2 weeks on oi_151a4).  It was as if the system forgot how
to communicate with it.  I replaced the drive with a new drive and it
is again working (for the moment).  My hardware dealer tested the
drive I returned to him and did not find any problem with it.

In my case, booting back to oi_151a4 did not recover drive operation.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn