[OpenIndiana-discuss] /etc/resolv.conf is always empty after OS updates

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Mon Jul 16 12:20:52 UTC 2012

After I updated to OI151_a5 (from .._a4), as always, /etc/resolv.conf
turned up empty.

I get the feeling this might have something to do with me using NWAM (I
think...).

Could this be so? What am I missing in nwam, or what should I do otherwise??

The installation is a straight default installation with very little
extra configuration applied.
The machine has two interfaces, configured with static addresses in the
same network, both on the same LAN.

I have another system, which has been much more hacked at, which does
not use nwam, and which does not have this problem with resolv.conf
being erased.