[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help, please! Starting to use postfix in an OI151_a5 environment, from scratch

Jacek 'Szumak' Kotlarski szumak at k-informatix.com
Mon Jul 16 13:02:37 UTC 2012

Hi Hans!
At the beginning I would like to apologize for my English.

W dniu 16.07.2012 13:58, Hans J. Albertsson napisał(a):

> Today's first question: OI has the SMF stuff: this confuses some
> issues.
> I assume I'm first supposed to configure the various params for
> postfix, like myhostname, myorigin, mydomain plus many more.
>
> Then I'm supposing I should do
>
> # svcadm disable sendmail
> # svcadm enable postfix

For example:

# svcs -a |grep -E 'postfix|sendmail'
disabled       lip_14   svc:/network/smtp:sendmail
disabled       lip_14   svc:/network/sendmail-client:default
online         lip_14   svc:/network/smtp:postfix

so you can:

# svcadm disable svc:/network/smtp:sendmail
and
# svcadm enable svc:/network/smtp:postfix

short form "sendmail" and "postfix" would work too if not be ambiguous.

> Is this correct?
>
> Will this do postfix start for me, and will "svcadm refresh postfix"
> (or restart) do postfix reload?

yes, but You should check state (svcs postfix) after.
"maintenance" means a problem with the configuration.

> Anything else you might want to add as advice for me at this point?
>
> I'm basically trying to do the simple single domain server as in
> Chapter 3 in The Book Of Postfix by Hildebrandt and Koetter.

FAQ's and HowTo's, excellent docs:
http://www.postfix.org/docs.html

In my configuration:

postfix from pkgsrc with dovecot:
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
virtual domain|maildir|alias = postgres
greylisting and spf
dspam (with dovecot - spam tagging per user)

and roundcube as webmail.
I don't use spamassassin anymore. Too complicated in maintenance.

Good luck!

--
Jacek Kotlarski
JID:szumak at jabber.k-informatix.com;GG:2052377;Skype:jkotlarski