[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help, please! Starting to use postfix in an OI151_a5 environment, from scratch

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Mon Jul 16 13:01:21 UTC 2012

Hans,

Unfortunately, many programs expect /usr/bin/sendmail to work. That
means that you either have to keep sendmail running, or replace
/usr/lib/sendmail with the sendmail.postfix version.  If you do the
latter, then any upgrade that includes sendmail will replace whatever
you put in /usr/lib/sendmail with what it expects.

I made a symbolic link from /usr/lib/sendmail to sendmail.postfix so
these programs work. Then I check to make sure this symbolic link wasn't
over-written when I upgrade OI. Most time it doesn't replace the
symbolic link, but occasionally it does.

I run aide to validate that non of the system files have changed, so I
can scan that after an update to see if any of my hacks need to be re-done.

Gary