[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing one package triggered upgrade

Gregory Youngblood gregory at youngblood.me
Tue Jul 17 01:59:36 UTC 2012

Last night I went to install squid and it installed squid plus upgraded 51 other packages and created a new boot environment.

It seems a little silly that installing one package would trigger an upgrade and require a reboot to be able to use it.

I am currently not in the same area aa the server and am hesitant to reboot it lest it not come back. Plus I have a zone I really don't want to reboot anyway.

Its been a while since I have done much on this server; is there something I forgot or didn't do that caused this? Or is there a way to just install the desired squid package without everything else?

Thanks
Greg