[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to mount ISO image on boot?

Michael Stapleton michael.stapleton at techsologic.com
Wed Jul 18 12:09:33 UTC 2012

I have a bit more time to answer more fully now.

Add a line to the /etc/auto_master file for a direct map

# cat /etc/auto_master

# Master map for automounter
#
+auto_master
/net		-hosts		-nosuid,nobrowse
/home		auto_home	-nobrowse
/-		auto_direct

Create the direct map /etc/auto_direct with an entry like this:

/cdrom -fstype=hsfs	:/ISO/xp.iso

replace "/cdrom" with where you want the iso mounted,  replace
"/ISO/xp.iso" with the path to your iso file.

Run automount:

# automount -v

Cd to your mountpoint and the iso should be automatically mounted.

Mike