[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to mount ISO image on boot?

Michael Stapleton michael.stapleton at techsologic.com
Wed Jul 18 12:30:56 UTC 2012

I have one more idea that is more fun...

I have all my ISO files in /ISO

My /etc/auto_master:

# Master map for automounter
#
+auto_master
/net		-hosts		-nosuid,nobrowse
/home		auto_home	-nobrowse
/mountedISO	auto_iso

My /etc/auto_iso

* -fstype=hsfs :/ISO/&.iso

Now when I cd to /mountedISO/xp, the /ISO/xp.iso is mounted.
If I cd tp /mountedISO/OI, the /ISO/OI.iso is mounts

And so on.

Drop a new iso in /ISO and cd to /mountesISO/? to access it.

Mike