[OpenIndiana-discuss] ipfilter frustrations again

Marco van Lienen marco+openindiana-discuss at lordsith.net
Wed Jul 18 20:58:32 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:56:28AM -0400, you (Daniel Kjar) sent the following to [openindiana-discuss] :
> Not sure what I am looking for in here.  It looks like it would have
> used my ipf.conf if I had 'upgraded' but I don't see anything else
> in there that helps.

Is ipfilter truly online?
What does svcs -l ipfilter:default show you? (check the enabled line)
Are you using network/physical:nwam or network/physical:default?
I used to run nwam configured using its networking profiles on oi_151a3 or 4, not quite sure which.
I noticed after a reboot that ipfilter was shown to be running in a temporary state (enabled was not showing true IIRC)
Only after switching from nwam to network/physical:default ipfilter started working the way I expected it to.

--
Marco van Lienen -- GnuPG key: 8580E6CB
http://lordsith.net/ | OpenIndiana oi_151a5