[OpenIndiana-discuss] ipfilter frustrations again

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Thu Jul 19 13:06:12 UTC 2012

This was all with nwam.  I was sick of fighting that battle too so I
just gave up.

It appears to be working now after the refresh when ipfilter was disabled.

On 07/18/12 04:58 PM, Marco van Lienen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:56:28AM -0400, you (Daniel Kjar) sent the following to [openindiana-discuss] :
>> Not sure what I am looking for in here.  It looks like it would have
>> used my ipf.conf if I had 'upgraded' but I don't see anything else
>> in there that helps.
> Is ipfilter truly online?
> What does svcs -l ipfilter:default show you? (check the enabled line)
> Are you using network/physical:nwam or network/physical:default?
> I used to run nwam configured using its networking profiles on oi_151a3 or 4, not quite sure which.
> I noticed after a reboot that ipfilter was shown to be running in a temporary state (enabled was not showing true IIRC)
> Only after switching from nwam to network/physical:default ipfilter started working the way I expected it to.

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson