[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualisation in OI 151

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Thu Jul 19 14:08:09 UTC 2012

John,

There are a few ways to run jailed VMs in OpenIndiana.  I would look to
see if zones meets your needs as it is a very lightweight way to have
jailed Virtual Machines.  As long as you don't care that you're running
OpenIndiana machines, this is very easy to set up and use.  There are
some "branded" zones that will allow you to run different versions of
Solaris and Linux, but I never found them to be supported well.

I would start from here:

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/7.+Virtualization

But if you do some googling, you can find a lot of howto information on
zones.

Gary