[OpenIndiana-discuss] smb via android

Nickeforos nickeforos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:35:13 UTC 2012

Hi all,

a few months ago was discussed in "smb via android" a problem with
accessing from android smb shares on Openindiana.

I` m facing exactly the same problem. None of the relevant apps e.g ES
File Explorer, AndSMB, ASTRO, cifsmanager can access the smb shares.

I m getting a login error with all of them although the password is correct.

Setting ACLmode to "discard" or "passthrough" didn't help.

I want to ask once again If someone managed to solve this problem.

Since I m not so comfortable with UNIX I cannot handle this problem
alone in reasonable time.

I would very appreciate If someone could help.

Cheers,

Nickeforos