[OpenIndiana-discuss] ldapclient being disabled after reboot

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:32:47 UTC 2012

I configured this from my graphical interface ... but my guess is you
should be able to configure this with nwamcfg (/etc/nsswitch.jon is
/etc/nsswitch.ldap with tweaks):

root at jadlaptop:~# nwamcfg
nwamcfg> ?
commands:
	cancel
	clear <prop-name>
	commit
	create [-t <template>] <object-type> [<class>] <object-name>
	destroy {-a | <object-type> [<class>] <object-name>}
	end
	exit
	export [-d] [-f <output-file>] [<object-type> [<class>] <object-name>]
	get [-V] <prop-name>
	help [command-name]
	list [-a] [<object-type> [<class>] <object-name>]
	revert
	select <object-type> [<class>] <object-name>
	set <prop-name>=<value1>[,<value2>...]
	verify
	walkprop [-a]
nwamcfg> list
NCPs:
	Automatic
	User
Locations:
	Automatic
	NoNet
nwamcfg> select Loc Automatic
nwamcfg:loc:Automatic> list
loc:Automatic
	activation-mode          	system
	enabled                  	true
	nameservices             	dns,ldap
	nameservices-config-file 	"/etc/nsswitch.jon"
	dns-nameservice-configsrc	dhcp
	ldap-nameservice-configsrc	manual
	ldap-nameservice-servers 	"127.0.0.1"
	default-domain           	"domain.co.uk"
nwamcfg:loc:Automatic>

I, also, used ldapclient to set up the ldap config initially.