[OpenIndiana-discuss] smb via android

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:42:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Nickeforos <nickeforos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a few months ago was discussed in "smb via android" a problem with accessing
> from android smb shares on Openindiana.
>
> I` m facing exactly the same problem. None of the relevant apps e.g ES File
> Explorer, AndSMB, ASTRO, cifsmanager can access the smb shares.
>
> I m getting a login error with all of them although the password is correct.
>
> Setting ACLmode to "discard" or "passthrough" didn't help.
>
> I want to ask once again If someone managed to solve this problem.

The thread you found listed a few possible solutions, including
"passthrough" (you said you have this set), using "cifsmanager" (you
said you tried this), and making sure ZFS ACLs match the POSIX
permissions (did you try this?).

> Since I m not so comfortable with UNIX I cannot handle this problem alone in
> reasonable time.

I don't have an Android device, so I can only point you at the mailing
list archives:

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Robbie Crash <sardonic.smiles at
gmail.com>wrote:
[...]
> If you're using ZFS ACLs check to make sure you've got the ZFS ACLs matched
> to the POSIX ones. Use /usr/bin/ls -lVh to see permissions as the default
> ls doesn't show them. For 0777 permissions it should look something like
> this:
>
> drwxrwxrwx+  9 root     root          12 Mar  3 05:14 temptest
>                 owner@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow
>                 group@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow
>              everyone@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow
>
> Those permissions can be set with /usr/bin/chmod

Jan