[OpenIndiana-discuss] smb via android

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:32:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Nickeforos <nickeforos at gmail.com> wrote:
> "making sure ZFS ACLs match the POSIX permissions (did you try this?)."
>
> No, I don't know how...
>

> this is what I get with /usr/bin/ls -lVh:
>
> total 334
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 napp-it root 65K Jul 14 15:00 admin-lib.pl
>     owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:-------:allow
>      group@:r-x---a-R-c--s:-------:allow
>      everyone@:r-x---a-R-c--s:-------:allow
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 napp-it root 101K Jul 14 15:00 admin.pl
>     owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:-------:allow
>     group@:r-x---a-R-c--s:-------:allow
>      everyone@:r-x---a-R-c--s:-------:allow

These permissions do not match those that Robbie suggested worked for
him. I'm not saying a chmod will solve your problem, but it will be
one less potential variable.

> "Those permissions can be set with /usr/bin/chmod"
>
> How I can I do it in e.g. pool1/test?

Documentation for commands can be found using the command "man", so:
man /usr/bin/chmod

Here is the command with the options you need (it's one long line - if
it shows up as a few lines, you need to paste it together into one
command). You need to run this command as a "super-user"
(administrator), that is either as the user "root" or as a user with
administrative rights and typing "sudo" before the command.

/usr/bin/chmod -R
A=owner@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow,group@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow,everyone@:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow
/pool1/test

Did you try logging on with "domain\user" as opposed to just "user"?
If you don't have a domain then "hostname\user" (where, obviously,
hostname and user are the actual name of your host, and your actual
user name ;-) ).

Post to the list whether or not either of the above work (I would try
the logon name first, as it's faster/easier to check), so that if
someone encounters the same problems in a few months they can refer
back to what you did.

Cheers,
Jan