[OpenIndiana-discuss] in desperate need of fsck.zfs

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Jul 23 15:39:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> I guess I am/was expecting zfs to be a bit less brittle, and not corrupt
> data while the drives experience I/O disconnects while scrubbing - CoW
> should have prevented this kind of problem, no?

Zfs needs properly working RAM and properly working disk cache sync.

> /pci at 0,0/pci1458,5006 at 1d,7/storage at 5/disk at 0,7 (sd58) online
>    687 Jul 19 08:41:02 harvest login: [ID 468494 auth.crit] login

This is looking more and more like a USB driver or a USB hub problem.
Since multiple devices are impacted at once, I suspect a USB hub
problem.  The USB hub might be some external hardware you are using,
or embedded on the motherboard.  Make sure that your USB devices are
plugged into motherboard USB slots in order to decrease the chance of
problems.

>> Are you able to upgrade to current OpenIndiana (oi_151a5)?
>
> I can try tomorrow night, or maybe tonight if I have time.

Perhaps there might be a fix for the zfs panic problem.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn