[OpenIndiana-discuss] in desperate need of fsck.zfs

Ray Arachelian ray at arachelian.com
Mon Jul 23 16:03:16 UTC 2012

On 07/23/2012 11:39 AM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> This is looking more and more like a USB driver or a USB hub problem.
> Since multiple devices are impacted at once, I suspect a USB hub
> problem.  The USB hub might be some external hardware you are using,
> or embedded on the motherboard.  Make sure that your USB devices are
> plugged into motherboard USB slots in order to decrease the chance of
> problems.

Hmmm, that does make sense, this mobo has had issues with USB.

This is an 8 slot drive JBOD that has both eSATA and USB 3.  It's
plugged in directly into a motherboard USB 2.0 slot.  When it went out,
all 8 devices went down (not surprisingly.)
This is the enclosure:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817576012 - had it
for around a year now.

I do want to upgrade from the current motherboard to something newer
since it's got a 4G limit.  I do have some left over DDR3 DIMMs, so I'd
be looking for a new mobo/CPU that would work with DDR3 and have loads
of SATA, PCI/PCIe slots.  I also picked up an LSI Logic SAS controller a
while ago and want to try using that and moving the drives internally,
or going over eSATA instead.

Motherboard recommendations are welcome. :)