[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg problem in upgrading from a3 to a5

Kostas Oikonomou ko at research.att.com
Tue Jul 24 18:08:16 UTC 2012

I am attempting to upgrade from 151a3 to 151a5.  But the
update fails:

$ pfexec pkg update -v --accept
Creating Plan /
pkg update: The requested change to the system attempts to
install multiple actions
for link 'usr/gnu/lib/libiconv.so' with conflicting attributes:

     1 package delivers 'link path=usr/gnu/lib/libiconv.so
target=libiconv.so.2.5.0':

pkg://oi-sfe/SFElibiconv@1.13.1,5.11-0.147:20110410T155719Z
     1 package delivers 'link path=usr/gnu/lib/libiconv.so
target=libiconv.so.2.5.1':
pkg://sfe/library/libiconv@1.14,5.11-0.0.151.1.5:20120722T180015Z

These packages may not be installed together.  Any
non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be
installed.

If I try to remove the pkg://oi-sfe/SFElibiconv manually, it
complains that

pkg://oi-sfe/SFEgcc-46-runtime@4.6.0,5.11-0.147:20110428T152615Z

depends on it.

What does one do in a situation like this?

                     Kostas