[OpenIndiana-discuss] in desperate need of fsck.zfs

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Jul 24 18:41:01 UTC 2012

2012-07-24 18:54, Ray Arachelian пишет:

> The theory of zfs is nice and all that, but it's completely useless in
> helping me recover the data off this drive -- is there anything that can
> be done to at least allow me to mount the data read only?  Or mark the
> metadata about the zpool such that it thinks it hasn't experienced fatal
> flaws for long enough to read the data off it?

Did you try to "zpool import -o readonly=on" and using TXG rollback?
If your drives wrote crap during disconnection, it is possible that
some previous ZFS transaction is (more or less) consistent on-disk
and was not overwritten.

You might want to back up ZFS labels of each disk somewhere, because
a rollback import clears knowledge of TXGs past some number (i.e.
CurrentTXG-10); it is possible you'd want to recover that label and
try a different offset into the past.

HTH,
//Jim