[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cannot _init zfs module after upgrade

Mohamed Khalfella khalfella at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 13:01:39 UTC 2012

I use qemu-kvm also (but in linux), I start my machine with the below
command

qemu-kvm -drive file=disk01.img,cache=none,media=disk -m 4G -cdrom
oi-dev-151a-x86.iso   -serial telnet:127.0.0.1:2323,server -boot c -net nic
-net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no

on another session, telnet 127.0.0.1 2323.

Once you have grub, enable kmdb by adding -kd to the kernel line and change
the console to ttya instead of graphics. Your kernel line should look like

kernel$ /platform/i86pc/kernel/$ISADIR/unix -kd -B $ZFS-BOOTFS,console=ttya

This way, kmdb will be loaded before the kernel and you will end up in its
prompt, type :c to continue execution