[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installation issues for postgres-91 (sfe) on oi_151a5

Ewald Ertl ewald.ertl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 08:09:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Andreas Stenius <andreas.stenius at astekk.se
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that I have upgraded to oi_151a5 and try to install postgres 9.1
> from SFE, pkg complains about conflicting files from:
>
>   pkg://sfe/service/database/postgres-91@9.1.1
> ,5.11-0.151.1:20120216T192151Z
>   pkg://sfe/database/postgres-91@9.1.1,5.11-0.151.1:20111030T184837Z
>
>   These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
>   be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.
>

> On a older system (151a or it may have been 151a3) it installed these
> same packages witout complaining.
>

> kaos at ganesha:~$ pkg info postgres-91
>           Name: database/postgres-91
>       Category: System/Databases (org.freedesktop)
>                 System Database ()
>          State: Installed
>      Publisher: sfe
>        Version: 9.1.1
>  Build Release: 5.11
>         Branch: 0.151.1
> Packaging Date: 30 oktober 2011 18:48:37
>           Size: 8.99 MB
>           FMRI:
> pkg://sfe/database/postgres-91@9.1.1,5.11-0.151.1:20111030T184837Z
>
>           Name: service/database/postgres-91
>       Category: System/Databases (org.freedesktop)
>                 System Database ()
>          State: Installed
>      Publisher: sfe
>        Version: 9.1.1
>  Build Release: 5.11
>         Branch: 0.151.1
> Packaging Date: 16 februari 2012 19:21:51
>           Size: 25.37 MB
>           FMRI:
> pkg://sfe/service/database/postgres-91@9.1.1,5.11-0.151.1:20120216T192151Z
>

> Any hints on how to install postgres 9?

It's not only postgres, I tried a

    pkg update

on my laptop and get for a whole lot of packages from the sfe-repo  errors
of the form:

    The following packages all deliver file actions to
usr/gcc/4.6/lib/libgomp.spec:

      pkg://sfe/sfe/system/library/gcc-46-runtime@4.6.3
,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120727T211211Z
      pkg://sfe/runtime/gcc@4.6.2,5.11-0.151.1:20111222T011404Z

    These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set
may
    be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

For many packages the pkg_fmri_pattern has changed and it seems, as if pkg
doesn't recognize it
as an update.

Don't know if everything from sfe should be uninstalled and reinstalled or
something other went wrong.

Greetings
Ewald