[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installation issues for postgres-91 (sfe) on oi_151a5

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Mon Jul 30 16:48:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

you are impacted by https://www.illumos.org/issues/1578

>> On a older system (151a or it may have been 151a3) it installed
>> these
>> same packages witout complaining.
>>

>> kaos at ganesha:~$ pkg info postgres-91
>>           Name: database/postgres-91
>>       Category: System/Databases (org.freedesktop)
>>                 System Database ()
>>          State: Installed
>>      Publisher: sfe
>>        Version: 9.1.1
>>  Build Release: 5.11
>>         Branch: 0.151.1
>> Packaging Date: 30 oktober 2011 18:48:37
>>           Size: 8.99 MB
>>           FMRI:
>> pkg://sfe/database/postgres-91@9.1.1,5.11-0.151.1:20111030T184837Z
>>
>>           Name: service/database/postgres-91
>>       Category: System/Databases (org.freedesktop)
>>                 System Database ()
>>          State: Installed
>>      Publisher: sfe
>>        Version: 9.1.1
>>  Build Release: 5.11
>>         Branch: 0.151.1
>> Packaging Date: 16 februari 2012 19:21:51
>>           Size: 25.37 MB
>>           FMRI:
>>
>> pkg://sfe/service/database/postgres-91@9.1.1,5.11-0.151.1:20120216T192151Z
>>

>> Any hints on how to install postgres 9?
>>

> It's not only postgres, I tried a
>
>     pkg update
>
> on my laptop and get for a whole lot of packages from the sfe-repo
> errors
> of the form:
>
>     The following packages all deliver file actions to
> usr/gcc/4.6/lib/libgomp.spec:
>
>       pkg://sfe/sfe/system/library/gcc-46-runtime@4.6.3
> ,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120727T211211Z
>       pkg://sfe/runtime/gcc@4.6.2,5.11-0.151.1:20111222T011404Z
>
>     These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting
> set
> may
>     be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be
> installed.
>

> For many packages the pkg_fmri_pattern has changed and it seems, as
> if pkg
> doesn't recognize it
> as an update.
>
> Don't know if everything from sfe should be uninstalled and
> reinstalled or
> something other went wrong.

currently OI SFE is work in progress. Some packages were broken and
incompatible with the latest OI and also with SFE upstream. Including
the basic packages. I am trying to rebuild them step by step with
correct content and dependencies. runtime/gcc package will be either
obsoleted or renamed in future and it is dead end for OI SFE,
sfe/system/library/gcc-runtime is the replacement.

I cannot promise smooth update for all SFE packages because there are
some collisions with OI already which I cannot fix easily.

Anyway, if you are interested in particular OI SFE packages, send me
e-mail (private) with the list and I will increase their priorities in
rebuilt list.

Best regards,

Milan