[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSolaris on SPARC

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:56:59 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 10:52 PM, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Sašo Kiselkov <skiselkov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Awesome man. I take it that since you're only battling Xsun at the
>> moment, that text-OI as such (without a GUI) is working fine. Can you do
>> a code/binary drop? I'd like to give it a spin on some Netras I have.
>

> Sure, I can give you bins within a day (currently I load my test lib
> with LD_PRELOAD, need to fix that).
> Also there is often a problem with setting the correct fonths path (I
> specify it as Xsun parameter).
> And to clean it up for a src drop, I need a few days. But I can give
> you preliminary Xsun test-bins tomorrow, if I cancel an appointment
> tomorrow.
>
> Do you say, you have the SPARC-distro itself already running,
> including text-install?
> Or only the built Illumos workspace without installer, that you
> manually copied over to your test installation?

Oh, my curiosity certainly isn't worth changing your schedule for. I
don't have anything running yet. I have a couple of older Netra 240
machines (currently on S10) which I could use for some testing, but that
will take me some days to bootstrap, so no need to hurry with the bins
on your part. Whenever you are ready to make a workable release in your
normal schedule is fine with me.

--
Saso