[OpenIndiana-discuss] Getting an OpenIndiana dev VM to fix some issues with the Samba master branch on OpenIndiana

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 03:59:13 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

I need to track down why some fairly standard make magic I added to
the examples/VFS/Makefile.in does not seem to work on the OpenIndiana
machine in the Samba build farm.

I tried installing oi-dev-151a in a VM, and that seemed to work well.
However, when I tried to use the package manager to install the
development packages it told me that I had a live install and I
couldn't do that.

How do I rectify this? Do I need to re-install? Is there some other
way to transition to something that will allow me to install the
development packages I need?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe