[OpenIndiana-discuss] How do I get OpenIndana's make (not gmake) to accept the following

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:08:29 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Milan Jurik <milan.jurik at xylab.cz> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Richard Sharpe píše v ne 03. 06. 2012 v 06:55 -0700:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have figured out part of my problem with the OpenIndiana machine on
>> the Samba build farm.
>>
>> It seems that the system goes not have GNU make installed or the
>> OpenIndiana version of make is first on the path.
>>

> is gmake not installed? GNU make package with gmake 3.81 is
> developer/build/gnu-make

I don't know at this stage. I have to wait for the owner of the system
to respond to me.

However, I would like to find a solution that produces few surprises
for people :-)

So, if they do not have GNU make installed it should still work. I do,
however, need to improve the comments in the existing Makefile.in so
that people have an idea of what to do when things do not work ...

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe